Our controller is used in systems which include the controller mounted close to the motor. Parameterise your system with up to three drives using our standardised application modules!
Controller for demanding drive tasks
Automation made easy. Implement complex drive tasks and
Uncomplicated and consistent! The technology function level provides both the opportunity to operate standardised application modules as well as to implement your
Implement application functions without any
Our controller MOVIFIT® MC has more than just internal strengths. The high degree of protection IP65 is standard. Its robust aluminium die cast housing is divided into electronics unit (EBOX) and connection unit (ABOX). A major advantage is the closing mechanism with only one screw. This enables quick assembly and smooth unit replacement for servicing.
Our distributor also has a lot to offer in terms of safety. They are equipped with extensive and scalable safety functions and can be used in safety-related areas. Everything is possible, from the safe disconnection of MOVIMOT® drives to the speed-dependent safety functions activated via fieldbus.
Discover more on this site regarding the connection variants, the safety functions and the function scope of our associated software (function level).
Configure your individual product
- Detailed information about your individual product
- CAD data and documentation for your configuration
- Option to directly request a quotation or place an order
High flexibilitydue to individual adaptation to the drive topology (number of drives, decent. inputs/outputs, safety technology, fieldbus).
Rapid system availabilitydue to potential pre-startup without controller in operation and fast unit replacement with only one screw.
Simple startupdue to standardised application modules including evaluation of process relevant decentralised sensor technology.
Individual adaptabilitydue to support for all common bus systems and free programming with IEC modules.
Confirmed safetyby means of compliance with certified safety options from secure communication and safe disconnection through to safe motion.
- Power, communication and function distributor for MOVIMOT®
- Up to three MOVIMOT® units may be connected via hybrid cable
- Free programming according to IEC 61131
- Integrated power distribution with line protection up to 6mm2
- Optional maintenance switch
- Optional incremental encoder connection
- Comprehensive integrated communication interfaces:
- PROFIBUS® (PROFIsafe optional)
- PROFINET® IO (PROFIsafe optional)
- Comprehensive safety functionality
- Integrated digital inputs and outputs
- CAN/SBus interface for external components
- Parameterisable application module cam positioning for three MOVIMOT®
- Integrated parameter memory
- Comprehensive diagnostics via LEDs
- Expanded parameterisation and diagnostics via MOVITOOLS® MotionStudio or fieldbus
- Plug-in interfaces for energy, motors (power rating) and IOs
- Robust aluminium housing
- Degree of protection IP65
- Approval: CE, UL and C-Tick
- MOVIMOT® power range 0.37 kW to 4 kW in two sizes
- Voltage range MOVIFIT® MC3 3 x 380 V to 500 V / 50 Hz to 60 Hz
- 12 DI + 4 DIO (DI=Digital in, DIO=Digital in/out)
The controller consists of an electronics unit (EBOX) and the connection unit shown here (ABOX). The MOVIFIT® connection box (ABOX) represents a large connector and is entirely passive. It is available in two designs:
MOVIFIT® standard connection box
All cables to be connected are routed into the ABOX via cable glands and wired to terminals at this point.
MOVIFIT® hybrid connection box
The MOVIFIT® hybrid connection box (ABOX) offers the option of making various connections as a plug. All cables for power supply and the motor cables are routed into the ABOX via cable glands and wired to terminals at this point. M12 connectors are provided for digital inputs and outputs. The bus system can be connected via connectors. The bus connectors vary depending on the fieldbus used.
The function level indicates the functional scope of the software assigned to the MOVIFIT® units in terms of:
- Software functionality
- Processing the digital inputs and outputs
- Local system control
- Startup operation and diagnostics
Technology function level
Parameterisable application modules – standardised application functions
- Standardised functions
- Control and diagnostics via fieldbus
- Parameterisation instead of programming
- Startup and diagnostics using MOVITOOLS® MotionStudio.
Free programming (MOVI‑PLC® / MOVITOOLS® MotionStudio)
- Programming in accordance with IEC 61131 (e.g. in LD, FBD, IL, ST, SFC)
- MOVITOOLS® MotionStudio with PLC Editor, Application Builder, etc.
- Multi-level library concept
(application and program modules of the MOVI-PLC® controller series)
- PLCopen certified motion blocks
Monitor and react in safety! From safe disconnection (STO) to speed-dependent safety functions (SDI, SLS). Our distributor is also available in conjunction with MOVIMOT® in various safety-related specifications and options.
Functions can be controlled via safe terminals as well as via PROFISAFE. In independent operation our safety options S12 can undertake a local evaluation, processing and disconnection of safety-related signals and functions. A higher-level safety controller is not required in independent operation.
Safety functions in the MOVIMOT®
Integrated safety technology in our MOVIMOT® gearmotor with inverter
Safety functions in accordance with IEC 61800-5-2:
- Safe disconnection: STO
- Safe stopping SS1 (c)
- Approval in accordance with:
- Category 3 according to EN 954-1:
- Performance level d according to EN ISO 13849-1
- SIL 2 according to IEC 61800-5-2
MOVIFIT safety options S11 and S12
|Specifically, these are
|Safety-related electronics components with safe inputs and outputs
|Parameterisable option cards with safe inputs and outputs
larger version – click here (JPG)
larger version – click here (JPG)
|Safety functions in accordance with EC 61800-5-2
|Safe inputs and outputs
|Fieldbus to PROFIsafe
|Fieldbus to PROFIsafe and independent operation
Areas of application
Use of the MOVIFIT® MC controller in decentralised plant construction
For flexible field-oriented drive solutions with MOVIFIT® MC and MOVIMOT® the focus is on modular handling applications in the transport, logistics and automobile industry and in the food and beverage industry:
- Pallet conveyors
- Simple skid conveyor technology
- Container and crate transport
- Baggage handling