Does your materials handling application require top speed from your drive, but also need a compact and light configuration? Then we recommend W series right-angle gear units – our lightweight solutions.
Our smallest right-angle gear units offer high performance thanks to wear-free gearing
The stand-out feature of SPIROPLAN ® right-angle gear units is their wear-free gearing. It ensures reliable power transmission and speed adjustment for your materials handling system.
Thanks to this gearing, our smallest right-angle gear units deliver permitted output torques up to 600 Nm in a power range from 0.09 kW to 4 kW.
The steel-steel material combination and the special tooth meshing ratio enable a short gear unit design, resulting in space-saving drive installation.
It's the details that make the difference
Thanks to their aluminum housings, these right-angle gear units are truly lightweight solutions. What's more, their special gearing and lubrication for life ensure they require very little maintenance. Perfect for long and reliable operation. No compromises, as SPIROPLAN ® right-angle gear units are suitable for almost all drive tasks due to their many design variants.
Only half the solution without a motor? Then use our modular system and combine the gear units of the W series with an AC motor to form a W..DR.. SPIROPLAN® right-angle gearmotor or with a servomotor to form a W..CMP SPIROPLAN® servo right-angle gearmotor of your choice. Or simply choose the separate AC motor or servomotor that meets your requirements .
More power in a small space
A few technical details of the new W..9 gear unit
Our development engineers have set a new standard with the W..9 transmissions. The objectives for the new development were high efficiency, low noise and light weight.
At the same time, a wide range of design variants and a large transmission ratio range should enable a wide variety of applications.
- 2-/3-stage gear design
- SPIROPLAN® 1st stage gears ensure high efficiency.
- The helical gears of the 2nd/3rd stage enable high torques and a large and finely tuned transmission ratio range.
- Motor mounting via the SEW flange interface enables combination with our extensive modular motor system.
- High-performance synthetic polyglycol oils CLP PG are used to lubricate the gear teeth and friction points.
The new W..59 completes the series of W..9 gear units. With a permissible input torque of up to 600Nm, the right-angle gear unit extends the series in the upper torque range.
What is your benefit?
- An energy-efficient gear unit with high efficiency over the entire transmission ratio range.
- Quiet operation at any speed.
- The universal SEW interface allows you to install all SEW motors and their options and allows you to perform service and maintenance yourself.
- An improved service concept through the exclusive use of standard oils.
The combination of new lubricants and new calculation methods that have been tested and certified in comprehensive and highly intensive procedures means we can offer you higher permitted torques for our small right-angle gear units in the SPIROPLAN ® series. Our W..10, W..20 and W..30 sizes benefit from the higher torques, particularly in the small gear ratio range. The increases in torque extend from +4 % to +115 % (see also technical data in the tables below).
Besides lubricating the gearing, gear oils also play a significant role in heat dissipation in gear units. Our new lubricants in the GearOil by SEW-EURODRIVE series boost gear unit performance by reducing friction in the gearing and enhancing heat dissipation. Our GearOil by SEW-EURODRIVE forms a highly effective lubrication film on the gear wheels, which increases the service life of both the lubricant itself and wear parts such as sealing rings and bearings.
The increased torques mean that, in the best-case scenarios, you can opt for a smaller size, as you can now accommodate higher torques in a smaller space or, if you cannot vary the gear unit size, you have greater safety/reserves in your drive.
It goes without saying that the increases in torque do not change any other factors. Our SPIROPLAN ® right-angle gearmotors become even more efficient, while continuing to offer the low-noise operation you're familiar with. Combined with our new, small DRN.. motors (DRN63, DRN71 and DRN80), they enable you to achieve energy efficiency class IE3 easily and cost-effectively in this configuration, too. Our right-angle gearmotors are true mini all-rounders.
Configure your customized product
- Detailed information about your customized product
- CAD data and documentation for your configuration
- Option to directly request a quotation or place an order
Cost-effective operationthanks to wear-free SPIROPLAN® gearing and minimized friction losses.
Lightweight and compactthanks to the aluminum housing and the specially designed gearing.
Robust right-angle gear units:
- Wear-free SPIROPLAN ® gearing (steel-steel material combination) and a special tooth meshing ratio
- Minimized friction losses, optimized mechanical efficiency, reduced energy consumption
- Vibration-free running/operation
- Small gear ratios enable combinations with high motor power and high speeds
- Lightweight aluminum housing
- Identical hole spacings and shaft heights on the foot and end face support a wide range of mounting options.
- Mounting for gear unit sizes W..10, W..20, W..30:
- In these sizes, all mounting positions are possible, without changing the oil quantity, as the oil fill quantity is independent of the mounting position
- Available designs:
- Foot-mounted or B5 flange-mounted design
- Solid or hollow shaft with key or shrink disk
- Mounting of motor adapters or free input shaft (W..9)
- Asynchronous motor mounting:
- For gear unit sizes W..10, W..20, W..30: Direct motor mounting
- For gear unit sizes W..9: Motor flange mounting
- Optionally available as:
W series / sizes 10, 20, 30, 19, 29, 39, 49, 59
|Gear unit ratio||i||6.75 – 75.00||6.57 – 75.00||6.57 – 75.00||5.90 – 167.59||4.68 – 188.47||4.72 – 210.49||7.22 – 200.76||6.76 – 213.21|
|Max. output torque||Nm||30||45||69||80||130||200||400||600|
|Motor power range (mounting via AM motor adapter)||kW||0.09 – 0.12||0.12 – 0.37||0.12 – 0.75||0.09 – 0.75||0.12 – 1.1||0.12 – 1.5||0.12 – 3-0||0.12 – 4.0|
Overview of increases in torque for W..10
| Gear ratio
| M amax NEW
Overview of increases in torque for W..20
| Gear ratio
| M amax NEW
Overview of increases in torque for W..30
| Gear ratio
| M amax NEW
Areas of application
- Small and fast-running conveyor belts in intralogistics
- Roller conveyors
- Belt conveyors
- Chip conveyors
- Sizes W10, W20, W30:
- Especially suitable for noise-sensitive work environments
- Sizes W..9:
- In shaft-mounted design especially suitable for hygienic applications in the food and beverage industry