Our distributor is used in systems which include the controller mounted close to the motor. Simple, standardised for up to three drives and all this individually tailored to your application.
Distributors for controlling several drives
Our MOVIFIT® MC distributor in the classic function level design is a decentralised gateway for communication and energy supply. It can control up to three MOVIMOT® gearmotors with inverters. Maximum flexibility for your system planning. The same drive concept covers the different mechanical specifications of the system.
The classic function level does not require any explicit operating software for startup. Simple DIP switches make the relevant settings and following this the distributor as well as the associated MOVIFIT® is then immediately ready for use. The subordinate MOVIMOT® is controlled via the PLC using standardised process data profiles. Our "MOVIFIT® Gateway Configurator" gives you simple configuration and diagnostic options.
Our MOVIFIT® MC distributor is equipped for use in the field. The high degree of protection IP65 is standard. Its robust aluminium die cast housing is divided into electronics unit (EBOX) and connection unit (ABOX). A major benefit is the closing mechanism with only one screw and the automatic unit replacement. This enables quick assembly and smooth unit replacement for servicing.
Our distributor also has a lot to offer in terms of safety. Equipped with extensive and scalable safety functions, they can be used in safety-related areas. Everything is possible, from the safe disconnection of MOVIMOT® drives to the speed-dependent safety functions activated via fieldbus.
Discover more on this site regarding the connection variants, the safety functions and the functional scope of our associated software (function level).
Get in touch with us.
- Our experts understand your industry and its requirements.
- Our global network ensures we are there wherever and whenever you need us.
- We have the know-how and tools to provide optimum advice and support.
High flexibilitydue to individual adaptation to the drive topology (number of drives, decentral inputs/outputs, safety technology, fieldbus).
Rapid system availabilitydue to pluggable connections, configuration via DIP switches as well as an overall concept with only one screw.
Confirmed safetyby means of compliance with certified safety options from secure communication and safe disconnection through to safe motion.
Low complexitydue to full pluggability and integrated additional functions (maintenance switch etc.) for simple system planning.
- Power, communication and function distributor for MOVIMOT®
- Up to three MOVIMOT® units may be connected via hybrid cable
- Integrated power distribution with line protection up to 6 mm2
- Optional maintenance switch
- Optional incremental encoder connection
- Comprehensive integrated communication interfaces:
- PROFIBUS® (PROFIsafe optional)
- PROFINET® IO (PROFIsafe optional)
- Comprehensive safety functionality
- Integrated digital inputs and outputs
- Simple and fast parameter setting via DIP switches
- Integrated parameter memory
- Comprehensive diagnostics via LEDs
- Expanded parameterisation and diagnostics via MOVITOOLS® MotionStudio or fieldbus
- Plug-in interfaces for energy, motors (power rating) and IOs
- Robust aluminium housing
- Degree of protection IP65
- Approval: CE, UL and C-Tick
- Power range MOVIMOT® 0.37 kW to 4 kW in two sizes
- Voltage range MOVIFIT® MC3 3 x 380 V to 500 V / 50 Hz to 60 Hz
- 12 DI + 4 DIO (DI=digital in, DIO=digital in/out)
The distributor consists of an electronics unit (EBOX) and the connection unit shown here (ABOX). The MOVIFIT® connection box (ABOX) is a large connector and is entirely passive. It is available in two designs:
MOVIFIT® standard connection box
All cables to be connected are routed into the ABOX via cable glands and wired to terminals at this point.
MOVIFIT® hybrid connection box
The MOVIFIT® hybrid connection box (ABOX) offers the option of making various connections as a plug. All cables for power supply and the motor cables are routed into the ABOX via cable glands and wired to terminals at this point. M12 connectors are provided for digital inputs and outputs. The bus system can be connected via connectors. The bus connectors vary depending on the fieldbus used.
The function level indicates the functional scope of the software assigned to the MOVIFIT® units in terms of:
- Software functionality
- Processing of digital inputs and outputs
- Local system control
- Startup operation and diagnostics
"Classic" function level
Simple and standardised functions
- "Easy mode": Easy startup via DIP switches possible
- Standardised drive functions
- Controlled as field bus gateway
- Extended configuration and diagnostics options via gateway-configurator
Monitor and react in safety! From safe disconnection (STO) to speed-dependent safety functions (SDI, SLS). Our distributor is also available in conjunction with MOVIMOT® in various safety-related specifications and options.
The functions can be controlled via safe terminals as well as via PROFIsafe. In independent operation, our S12 safety option can evaluate, process and disconnect safety-related signals and functions locally. A higher-level safety controller is not required in independent operation.
is our contribution to your plant and machine safety. In addition to functionally safe drive technology, we are offering various safety services. safetyDRIVE not only helps you to prevent accidents, but also reduces costs in safety zones and increases productivity.
Click here for more information about safetyDRIVE and the EC Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.
Safety functions in the MOVIMOT®
Integrated safety technology in our MOVIMOT® gearmotor with inverter
Safety functions in accordance with IEC 61800-5-2:
- Safe disconnection: STO
- Safe stopping SS1 (c)
- Approval in accordance with:
- Category 3 according to EN 954-1:
- Performance level d according to EN ISO 13849-1
- SIL 2 according to IEC 61800-5-2
MOVIFIT safety options S11 and S12
|Specifically, these are
|Safety-related electronics components with safe inputs and outputs
|Parameterisable option cards with safe inputs and outputs
larger version – click here (JPG)
larger version – click here (JPG)
|Safety functions in accordance with EC 61800-5-2
|Safe inputs and outputs
|Fieldbus to PROFIsafe
|Fieldbus to PROFIsafe and independent operation
Areas of application
Use of the MOVIFIT® MC distributor in decentralised plant construction
For flexible field-oriented drive solutions with MOVIFIT® MC and MOVIMOT® the focus is on modular handling applications in the transport, logistics and automobile industry and in the food and beverage industry
- Pallet conveyors
- Simple skid conveyor technology
- Container and crate transport
- Baggage handling